Finding Meaning within Experiences that Seem “Meant to Be.”
The belief that an incident is “meant to be” is often expressed by people seeking to understand the meaning of their experiences, especially ones that occur during difﬁcult times or ones that seem to be calling for a response. Mary Treacy O’Keefe can share inspirational real-life stories and help people to live more fully by her four-step process: paying attention, reﬂecting, asking for guidance, and saying “yes” to events they believe are “meant to be.”
National radio shows, regional cable television segments Articles in the St. Paul Pioneer Press, Irish Gazette, and Catholic Spirit. Excerpts of Mary’s books have been included in 5 other books, and in Catholic Digest and Women’s World Magazine. For the past four years, Mary has been the host of one of Webtalkradio’s top-rated internet radio programs, The Hope, Healing and WellBeing show.
Mary Treacy O’Keefe, MA is a spiritual director, breast cancer survivor, co-founder of Well Within (a non-proﬁt holistic center in MN), national speaker, hospice volunteer, radio show host and award-winning author of two books, including her newly-released, Meant-to-Be Moments: Discovering What We Are Called to Do and Be. Over the past two decades, she has helped thousands of individuals heal mentally, spiritually and emotionally. Mary is especially passionate about enabling people to discover the transformational power and guidance found within their “meant-to-be moments.”
- What Am I Called to Do and Be?
Discover how your personal experiences can lead you to a life of purpose and meaning
- Living Fully Through Soul Friendships
How our girlfriends help us heal, live longer and enjoy life to the fullest
- Do Things Really Happen for a Reason?
How coincidences, intuition, and other meant-to-be moments provide comfort, guidance and hope in the best and worst of times
- December: Six Self-Care Strategies to Promote a Stress-free
- March (St. Patrick’s Day): Celtic Soul Friends: Why They Help You
Live More Fully and How to Find One
- June (June 7 is National Cancer Survivor Day): How to Cope with
the Fear of Recurrence
ENDORSEMENTS FOR MEANT-TO-BE MOMENTS
Mary’s stories are poignant, tender, humorous and compassionate. I highly recommend her as an outstanding presenter, gifted writer, and caring spiritual companion.”
-Mary Conway-Jast, HealthEast Care System
“Meant-to-be Moments offers a method that we can use to encounter God.”
—Henry Emmons, MD, PhD, author of The Chemistry of Joy and The Chemistry of Calm
“Meant-to-be Moments is an invitation and a call to wake up and pay attention to the grace and mystery that surround us.”
—Mary Jo, Kreitzer, PhD, RN, FAAN; Director, Center for Spirituality & Healing; Professor, School of Nursing, University of Minnesota
“These stories help us to accept that human part of us that rages and wrestles with illness, dying, and death.”
—Bill Manahan, MD, past president, American Holistic Medical Association
“Meant-to-be Moments is inspiring, insightful, and comforting. It is profoundly spiritual but universal in its understanding of God.”
—Jeanne M. Wiger, PhD, Marriage and family therapist
“This is a book I can wholeheartedly recommend because it enlightens, educates, and entertains in such a delightful and uplifting way.”
—Diane Keyes, spiritual director Award-winning author of This Sold House and Spirit of the Snowpeople
“Need a spiritual kick in the pants? This book is for you.”
—Connie Anderson, author of When Polio Came Home: How Ordinary People Overcame Extraordinary Challenges and In My Next Life I Want to Be My Dog
“If you have ever wondered if ‘things happen for a reason,’ then you need to read this. O’Keefe is the perfect guide to help you answer that question for yourself.”
—Pamela Muldoon, producer/host, Next Stage Online Radio
Mary Treacy O’Keefe, speaking at the launch for her friend Joan Kennedy’s book, Unlocking the Secrets of Successful Women, at The Marsh in Minneapolis. She discusses a four-part process for living fully, which is included in her Meant-to-Be Moments book:
Mary Treacy O’Keefe, on WomenVision TV discussing her work at Well Within and her two books:
Mary welcomes the opportunity to speak at your book club, faith community or other organizations about Meant-to-Be Moments. Contact her at email@example.com.
Sample Interview Questions
- What is a “meant-to-be moment?”
- What is the first time you noticed this type of event in your own life?
- In your first book, Thin Places: Where Faith is Affirmed and Hope Dwells, you described the concept of “thin places. “ What is the difference between a ‘meant-to-be moment and a thin place?
- How can thin place experiences provide comfort and hope?
- How do meant to be moments help people find meaning, especially during the most difficult times in their lives?
- In your book, you not only include numerous meant to be stories, you also provide a four part process to help people live more fully by not only paying attention but responding to them. What are the steps of that process?
- What types of experiences are particularly important to pay attention to?
- Please explain the concept of discernment. What is one of the techniques that enables people to determine whether or not something is a “calling.”
- How can a practice of gratitude enable us to discover our own meant-to-be moments?
- Why did you believe you were called to open Well Within, the nonprofit holistic center that opened in 2004?
- What’s a soul friend and how can that person help us fulfill our callings?
- Tell us about one of your favorite meant-to-be stories?
- Do you believe everything happens for a reason?
- How can saying “yes” to a meant-to-be incident enable us to live more fully?